Life Goals and other Random Nonsense: The Marathon Route

Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Marathon Route


I went down to run the last 8 miles of the course on Sunday and ended up driving over the entire thing to scope it out. My first impression: wow is it hilly! And of course it is also scenic and beautiful (if you are into that whole "cliffs overlooking the artic blue ocean" thing).

By popular request, above is a satelite image of the route, courtesy of Google Maps and here's the link for a map you can zoom in on. What neither of them really show are all the hills... did I mention it was hilly!

Below is the image provided by bsim.org to give you a sense, but that doesn't really do the hills justice either. If you are really interested, in seeing the hills, I recommend Google Earth or of course, you could always come on down on Sunday and run it with me! :)

No comments: