Life Goals and other Random Nonsense: Just for Kicks

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Just for Kicks

The kicks? Mizuno Waverider 9s, size 10.5.

I picked up two pairs of these at Sports Basement (add link) in San Francisco a few weeks ago after reading some great reviews on Yelp about how helpful their staff was.

After a few minutes of watching me walk back and forth I was told I had good arches and "neutral" support would be my best option. After trying on about 5 pairs from the neutral pile, I settled on these beauties.

Just so I knew they weren't pulling my leg, I brought my brother-in-law with me, and he was diagnosed as "flat-footed" and sent to the other end of the basement. In the words of the salesman "you two couldn't have any more different feet!"

Well we both ended up with shoes that day and tested them out on a three mile loop around Lake Merritt in Oakland.

No comments: